What's this Blog about?

This blog is a diary of the preparation for my trip to race in Belgium this year and daily entry of the trip itself. Leave a comment or question.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Got my head back

Nice sunny morning, 23c, windy.

Did my pre race day which is a mix of Active Recovery, some endurance and some specific drills to wake my body up to race type efforts.

Spent the afternoon watching stages of the Tour of Burgos and the Tour of Poland, both a bit formulaic, you know the sort of thing, early breakaway, chased down at about 20k to go. But from there on both races had really exciting finishes, so I'm enthused now.

Racing tomorrow near the Wouter Weylandt memorial that has been recently vandalised (sicko's), I think it will be a top field so I need to be on my game. My plan is to do enough to be 'in' the race but not waste any efforts and try and do a good sprint to give me a bit of confidence for Sunday.

Saturday will be a day for packing, I will do a pre race ride in the morning, there is a big UCI women's race passing the hotel in the afternoon, I will sit on the steps and watch the girls do there stuff,hopefully in thye sun, finish my packing then I need to leave for the championship about 6am on Sunday to drive over the border into Holland.

Do the race, there are a 100+ on the start list from all over Europe and me, I have race number 2 again. Then I have to dissemble my bike, pack it all into the hardcase and then drive up to Amsterdam. I fly out on Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment