What's this Blog about?

This blog is a diary of the preparation for my trip to race in Belgium this year and daily entry of the trip itself. Leave a comment or question.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Recovery day and I think I needed it.

Beautiful day to day, 26c sunny a bit of wind.

Rode for 2.5 hours, mostly in the Active Recovery range but with some mid endurance bits and even a few very short surges. I'm very tired, I felt pretty lethargic on the ride, really 'battered' in fact. I didn't sleep well, every time I moved I woke my self up with the discomfort of various bits of me!

Did a few domestic things this afternoon, then had a 'nana' nap for about an hour, I think I woke up feeling worse than I did before I went to sleep.

I was planning on racing tomorrow but I'm not sure now, I'll see how I feel tomorow morning if I can sleep well tonight. With only this week left I'm sort of driven to take every opportunity to race that I can, but I guess I need to balance that against wanting to 'compete' when I race. Difficult decision, my thought was to race Wednesday, Friday and of course Sunday in the championship, not ideal preperation I agree but I think I have to be realistic, the championship is an O60 race I've moved too far away from that age to be a serious contender anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment