What's this Blog about?

This blog is a diary of the preparation for my trip to race in Belgium this year and daily entry of the trip itself. Leave a comment or question.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Another recovery day

Boy I think I needed it too.

Decided to go and ride the 'other' canal route I ride but avoiding the industrial side of Aalst, I did that Ok, realised I'd missed a turn but decided to wing it anyway. I thought I was way to the right of where I should be but finished up riding more or less a circle but at least I finished up at the other canal so had my recovery ride OK. It was beautifully sunny today and very hot out of the wind, not that there was much chance of that on the canal.

Biggest obstacle apart from getting lost, again, was the advent of the organised bike tours that use the myriad of marked bike trails, many of which travel for at least part on the canal roads. These rides have a leader with fluoro jacket and a loud whistle, plus a tail guard or whipper in! I had to negotiate 3 of these armada's today, two coming towards me, one I had to overtake. The thing is we're talking about 30/40 grannies ( and a few grandad's) bearing down on you on their 50kg street bikes taking up the whole width of the path, with a fair amount of wobbling, scary stuff I can tell you!

I think I'm going to race tomorrow with the OVWF in KOEKELARE MOKKER which is further away than I normally go but since 90% of the drive will be on the motorway it will still only be about an hour. There are two things that might go against that; as I write this blog its raining and I believe the forcaste is wet and windy tomorrow, having said that I'm fine in the wet, just adjust the tyre pressure and normally good in the wind. Also the OVWF was the organisation that 'promoted' me to the O50 race after the riders complained that I was spoiling there races the last time I was here! I won't get up in the O50 race.

So we'll see how tomorrow pans out, I thought I would race tomorrow because I think I still need races and racing tmorrow with then give a full 3 day recovery for a Saturday race.

No comments:

Post a Comment