What's this Blog about?

This blog is a diary of the preparation for my trip to race in Belgium this year and daily entry of the trip itself. Leave a comment or question.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Wet ride and a wasp sting! Great day!

Another wet day, not particularly cold about 16c, I think. Took one of my easy rides along one of the canals today, they're just so easy on the mind.
So here I was riding along in the drizzle minding my own business when a flipping wasp flew in my mouth, it was a bit dozy with the cooler day I think, so I managed to spit it out before it stung me on the chin, little bugger. Wiped it off my face and rode along watching it stinging the palm of my mitt, so I clapped a couple of times, that put an end to him!

Things is I am allergic to wasp stings, now this little European wasp doesn't seem to have been as virulent as our wasps at home, but I didn't have my 'bee sting kit' from my allergist with me. I'm on the case now and my face is swollen but seems to be under control, sometimes these things really knock me about so I'm hoping that the smaller wasp will have less of an effect on me.

It actually dried up on the ride but as I turned for home I was being tailed by the biggest blackest cloud, obviously very full of the next downpour. So I came home much quicker than I had meant to, even got my bike mostly clean too before I had to run for cover.

Spent the afternoon biting my nails watching Cadel, I think he rode a very canny race, using as little energy as he needed. Now is he 58 seconds quicker than Andy in a TT? I hope so, I really hope so. I'm almost thinking I won't race tomorrow so I can watch it, but no I'll race.

BUT GO CADEL.

No comments:

Post a Comment