What's this Blog about?

This blog is a diary of the preparation for my trip to race in Belgium this year and daily entry of the trip itself. Leave a comment or question.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

RECOVERY DAY

I must admit my legs were a little sore this morning so a leisurely recovery ride along the Scheldte bike path was the order of the day. It was a bit windy so it wasn't always that easy but I managed to keep it spinning for a couple of hours watching the scenery, checking out the massive canal boats that deliver stuff all over. The owner/operators of these canal super barges live on board and basically go where the load takes them, they carry their car (sometimes two and a pleasure boat) on the roof of the accomodation part. I'd love to see how they get the cars off, it would take a big ramp, possibly by crane? Fascinating stuff but the bow waves that these boats put up is enormous, I guess a testimony to the power units that drive them. Anyway watching them this morning kept me amused for an hour or so while I rode along side.

Bit of a problem with the race programme, there were three races for me that show in the master calendar as being in a place called Burst which is a 10 minute bike ride from where I am staying so I was thinking that would work for me, the first is on Friday, unfortunately when I went to check the detail, a number of races seem to have been dropped off the schedule for these days, mine included - major bummer. I could probably get up in the 50 race but I don't think that's a good idea, so I'll have to rethink the schedule I think but in anycase there will be no race tomorrow. I was going to race Friday then again Sunday or Monday, now it will be Saturday and Monday for sure. The course for Monday's race I finished 3rd the last time I raced there so hopefully I will be getting good feelings in my legs by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment