What's this Blog about?

This blog is a diary of the preparation for my trip to race in Belgium this year and daily entry of the trip itself. Leave a comment or question.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Recovery day and some pre race drills

Another easy day today, I know I'm still tired from the last two races. The weather was a little better today, well it didn't rain at least, about 20c I think, with light winds.

So I did a couple of my pre race drills on the ride today, I didn't feel particularly special but the power seemed to be there so I can be happy with that.

Very quiet afternoon, went and bought a new tyre for the rear wheel, my wife persuaded me to do that!, doesn't happen often, so I spent some time changing the tyre over and cleaning the bike. Helped by Jurgen's littles blonde beauty, she gabbles on in Flemish, I'm answering her in English. I would say that neither of us knows what the other is saying but that's not quite true, she's smarter than me!

The quid pro quo for her helping me with my bike was 10 minutes playing soccer when I'd finished, even I can manage that with a 7 year old.

The race tomorrow is just over the border in Holland, with an 11am start, so I will need to be ready and away relatively early, for here anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment