What's this Blog about?

This blog is a diary of the preparation for my trip to race in Belgium this year and daily entry of the trip itself. Leave a comment or question.

Friday, July 15, 2011

What a difference a day makes!

Waking up this morning the weather couldn't have been more different, going to bed early with rain and drizzle, waking up to clear bluse skies, fantastic.

Two hours today a cross between an easy endurance day and pre race day in terms of effort. Probably more like a Fartlek day, doing a bit of a mix, just doing what I felt like at the time, all very relaxing and I felt a heap better for a having a complete day off the bike.

I even did a bit of exploring today, it was such a nice day that I tried a couple of new roads today just to see where they went. For such a populous place with some very busy places, Its truly remarkable that you can also find some really really quiet places, just you and the birds, a few cows and a lot of horses, brilliant.

I decided on my ride that I wouldn't race on Saturday, I would race on Sunday and then Wednesday, however just checking the detail I see the race that I had selected for Sunday is the European Championship, so I may not be able to start, I know I can't take the title but if I go along and then can't start that would be a bummer. So I will race tomorrow just to be sure.

There are two (nearby) races to choose from, one is on a course I don't really like or more precisely I don't like the finish, the last 200m turns through 90 degrees, I'm not super keen on those, so I'll go to the other in Appels, either one is only 15 minutes away.

I would have preferred another day before a race but I don't not want to race this weekend. So midday in Appels is where I'll be tomorrow,

No comments:

Post a Comment