What's this Blog about?

This blog is a diary of the preparation for my trip to race in Belgium this year and daily entry of the trip itself. Leave a comment or question.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Very very easy day

Having got back from the race yesterday quite late I was pleased to have a shower, have dinner and go to bed.

Trouble was I didn't sleep very well at all, a good 8 hours would have done me the world of good, but when I'm tired I do have trouble sleeping properly, its also one of the signs of overtraining. But in this instance its just physically knackered from two hard races in 3 days, hopefully over the next couple of nights I'll catch up with my sleep.

Did my 2 hours today just cruising along the canals, to be honest I really enjoy the ride its very relaxing and calming. Problem today was I woke to low clouds and drizzle, not particularly cold, bit of a breeze, but I thought what the hell I'm not very good at going back to bed during the day, I'll do my ride.

The ride was spoilt by two punctures! but since air bottles where 10 for 5 Euro's that wasn't a real problem. It was only yesterday that I was wondering whether I should get a new rear tyre but the tyres on the both wheels were new on and unused when I left, it has 1600km on it so although it has a few cuts and nicks it should be OK treadwise, what I might do is swap the tyres over, certainly cheaper.

The boys were trying to get me to race tomorrow, apparently its a hillier course again, but they way I feel today it wouldn't be very sensible to do that, so I'm going to wait until Saturday, there's some big deal race just over the border in Holland, I'll do that.

Still kicking myself about yesterday but I don't think I rode a bad race and I was definitely one of the stronger riders, I just missed the break or possibly more correctly at the time that it all went off I didn't quite have the legs at that moment. Anyway, note to self pay more attention when the champ goes up the road!

I was having a look around Youtube this afternoon to see if there were any good clips of the racing style in Belgium.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKFJFlDuhcY

This is undoubtedly a clip of amateurs but I promise you the look and feel are exactly the same with Vets and probably as fast, the differnce with Vets is we don't race as far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SNQncMlpw4

The second clip shows you have to pay attention and anything goes for getting around the course or making up positions, don't think I've come across anything quite this radical but pavements, forecourts, roundabouts etc are all fair for 'different' routes.

No comments:

Post a Comment